cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gthudson
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Lost Search Option in XP Start

HP Recommended

Search option has simply disappeared.  Your help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MusicianMark
Level 2
Level 2
26 26 1 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and thanks for posting to the forum.

Click Start to bring up the menu, then right-click in the blank area where your Search option was and select Properties.  (The blank area on the right side of the Start menu, under "Help and Support" and "Run...")

Click "Customize..." next to the Start Menu option, then Advanced tab, and scroll that list down until you see Search.  Re-enable the Search button by checking the box, then click OK, Apply, then OK.

Good luck.

- mm

Although I am a Program Manager at HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please make it easier for other people to find solutions by selecting “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

*** Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks! ***
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation