cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lbrabson
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Lost TouchSmart after installing Windows 7 Pro 64

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a new Touchsmart 600 1120 from Best Buy. I wanted to update to Win 7 Pro. When I did a clean install of Win 7 Pro 64bit, there are no TouchSmart apps. I did download Canvas & that works, but I did not see any other apps to download. I have ordered & obtained the HP Recovery discs. I don't want to go back to the original Win 7. What can I do?

11 REPLIES 11
dianebrat
Level 7
898 892 39 72
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You can install just the apps from the HP Recovery media, you don't need to install the OS.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lbrabson
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't see an option for that when I put in the recovery discs.

lbrabson
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I do that?

dianebrat
Level 7
898 892 39 72
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You should be able to insert the Recovery DVD and run the process from it and just select apps, not full system restore, the HP help files should help you get through this.
lbrabson
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The recovery disc do not offer any such option and there are no help files associated with running the recovery disc.

dianebrat
Level 7
898 892 39 72
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The applications are all on those discs, if the HP help pages were not able to assist, you can just search through the disc manually. You can also reboot TO the disk and just recover applications. What did your personal copy of Win7 Pro get you that you could not do with the HP install of Win7 Premium? it's rare that someone in a home needs Pro.
lbrabson
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did boot from the HP Recovery disc. There were 4-5 options. I tried them all. None offered to recover anything seperate, The only recover option was a complete disc wipe & reinstall. I went thru each disc manually & did not see anything that looked like any apps.

I needed Win 7 pro to be able to run a Smart App that runs an Electronic Medical Record that I access from home. Thanks

dianebrat
Level 7
898 892 39 72
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All the apps are on those discs, it just takes some hunting,

You may need to call HP and have them walk you through the process if you're not finding them

lbrabson
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I'll give that a try

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation