cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Lost my MAIL, CALENDAR, etc. tiles.

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 23  All in One

Windows 8 Home Edition

6G HD

3.6 GHz    

I.Initially I logged on with a MS account / I decided I didn't like that so I did a recovery and logged on as a local account / Now I have finally made up my mind to trust "the Cloud" and switched to back to a MS account and I'm sure I'm happy with this however ...

2.The MAIL, CALENDAR, etc. tiles do not work. When I click on them it goes to a color spalsh screen with the icon in the center and then pops right back to the metro start. / Someone said look in the UPDATES for a request to download the apps. / It wasn't there even after I went to the store, clicked on the charm for settings and then update apps. It did not see that MAIL, CALENDAR, etc was needed.

3.So I thought if I uninstalled the tiles for those MS apps it might then discover or show me they were avialable again.  It has not.

4.So I'm stuck here how to get this tiles with the apps back to working? 

5. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.   jack  :indifferent:

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 7
1,033 994 33 154
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

have you tried to set your log in to your msn account rather than local account setting and when you do use your msn account again it will be the password of your msn account email

im guessing the stuff on the metro tiles is linked to your msn account logged on

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From rickp400: Have you tried to set your log in to your msn account rather than local account setting and when you do use your msn account again it will be the password of your msn account email

im guessing the stuff on the metro tiles is linked to your msn account logged on

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or good points or advice.. Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it "Accepted" Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick

Reply:

Rickp400: Thanks so much for your response. I finally got desperate and did a refresh. Thankfully it's not that big of a problem losing what apps I had installed that were not MS. The pc is fairly new and I have been going slow adding apps.  So that was my resoloution. REFRESH !  Was weary of trying to find an answer. My problem now that I have Outlook.com with my old hotmail account ... is that I can't seem to get the correct settings to add my Verizon account. Which has always been POP3 but now has to be an IMAP server for the Outlook.com's requirements. ??

:manfrustrated:  Thanks again! jack
I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The solution was I did a REFRESH of Windows 8.  Accepted that I had to use an MS accout to have MAIL, CALENDAR snd PEOPLE activated.  After the REFRESH, which removes all your added apps but saves your files and information, I was able to use the TILES present on the Metro Start Page

This was a back door solution but at least it got me by it all. It's a solution of sorts!  jack :manhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,033 994 33 154
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you can try to contact verizion support and hopefuly they can help you set your what ever you need to synch your pc to

good points or advice..
"Accepted"
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kind of you to stick with me here on this rickp400.  This was all so long ago ... a week?  :manlol:  The solution I got was to do a factory reset and this time leave the tiles alone. That might seem drastic but since the pc is new I didn't have much at all to lose and everything to gain.  My experience with Verizon is they don't like to deal with issues other than their phones and service.  Tell them you have a problem with your pc and the phone goes silent.  But in this case I didn't need to deal with them.  Thanks again!  Your resources were helpful for the future.  jack  :generic:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,033 994 33 154
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i was off line a for a bit and i was checking my profile for abit to keep up with updates and you are welcome

good points or advice..
"Accepted"
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation