Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
x0mage Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost sound on Left Hand side and volume seems to be going less and less...

Pavilion M9300T
Microsoft Windows Vista

I was in the process of trying video cards out on my system and realized later that the sound on my left hand side is not there anymore.  I have looked in the case and I can't see where I've undone any type of header or anything, but the sound seems to be getting less and less (possibly on the right hand side)?  Could I have possibly knocked something lose, or is this something that's a common occurance with this model(s)?  If I was looking for a replacement, I had thought of one of the Creative Sound Blaster audio cards.. but as I'm disabled I would just love to get the onboard sound working again without spending any money!  If I do have to go the sound card route, any suggestions?  Also (and I'm dating myself here..lol) do you need to connect a header from the dvd drive to the sound card anymore or is that handled by the Serial ATA connection?  

Thank you for your time and God Bless!

Sincerely,

x0mage

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
33 1 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lost sound on Left Hand side and volume seems to be going less and less...

Hi @x0mage. Welcome HP Support forums.

Before we get into any conclusions, I need few details of any possible error pop ups on the screen related to audio. If there are no errors, then I think you might have knocked out a few cords.

I would advise that you recheck the connections.  

If all connectors are intact, then depending upon the warranty status of the device, you may contact our Technical support for possible service solutions. Clicking the link below will get the support number for your region.

Link: http://www.hp.com/contacthp

Also, you don’t have to connect a header to sound card. It is all handled by the Serial ATA connection.

For suggestions on sound cards, I would need the product number of your PC.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Sanal

ProfDumbledore
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation