cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Young53
Level 2
11 7 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Fan from HP Pavilion 500-120EA

Hi

My desktop has been a week old now and i have noticed a significant increase in the fan speed. There is a lot of noise coming from the psu and the cpu heatsink fan and the outtake fan. I used cpuid hwmonitor to see the fan speed and it shows fans are at 100% and at 1600rpm and 1000rpm.

The desktop was virtually quiet when i first turned it on, but as i have been using it, it has progressively increased in noise to the point where i can here the fan starting to go up and down like its about to fail.

Any advice on what i am suppose to do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 450 1,228
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Fan from HP Pavilion 500-120EA

Hello Young53,

I understand you are having issues with your HP Pavilion 500-120EA and the fan running loudly and constantly. I am recommending that you review and apply the tips in the HP Support document: Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows 😎 which has been designed to address the very issue you are describing.

I believe this will resolve your issue with the loud and excessive fan noise. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Tags (1)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation