Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FrizzleFried Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Low Audio After Windows Anniversary Update

Pavillion P7-1534
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My audio worked fine until last week when the wonderful folks at MS decided it was time my computer upgraded to the anniversary edition.  Since then I have about 10% the volume.  

What I have tried:

1. Maxed out ALL settings for volume everywhere.

2. Updated drivers.

3. Uninstalled and re-installed drivers.

4. Tried the generic drivers from MS.

5. Tried downloading and re-installind the BEATS application... which failed as it said my hardware didn't support it (though I seem to recall having beats before?!)

HELP!   The volume is low (maybe 10%) everywhere... videos... applications... games... etc...

HELP!

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9854 919 1362
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi @FrizzleFried, Greetings!

Welcome back to HP Support Forums! I understand you are having audio issues after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I would certainly do my best to assist you.

After going through your computer specifications, I understand that your PC is using IDT High definition audio drivers. The issue that you are facing is due to the IDT drivers not getting updated to the Win 10 environment.

Please visit http://hp.care/2dp2XGl and follow the steps mentioned to fix the issue.

Let me know how it goes! Good luck :)

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
FrizzleFried Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Unfortunately the solution you sent me to did not work... and I actually had mentioned I'd alrady tried using the Generic Windows supplied version of the audio driver with the same result... about 10% maximum volume level.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9854 919 1362
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Hello @FrizzleFried,

Thank you for your reply.

There are few other steps that we can try to fix this issue. I found a wonderful document which gives you step by step instructions.

Go to http://hp.care/2caEo0V and follow the instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance

Cheers :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation