cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
libra2654
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Luminance window

HP Recommended

Out of nowhere a Luminance window has appeared in the top left corner of my screen.  I want to get rid of it as it is extemely annoying!  It will not let me click onto it to exit it out of it!!  I even shut down my system thinking that it would clear, but when I opened up again it is still there.  Help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your monitor has an 'OSD' -- On-Screen Display, which can control the monitor's hardware.

That OSD is displaying one of the options for the display.

Look for 4 buttons along one of the sides of the monitor:

* activate OSD

* "left"/"up"

* "right"/"down"

* "accept"/"exit"

Also, look on the bottom and top edges.

Rebooting will not deactivate the OSD -- power-off the monitor, and then turn it back on.

Or, look for one of those 4 buttons to be "stuck".

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation