Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a very irritating problem with my mouse. It spins around up in my left corner. I can move it but it is than moving back, sometimes to the corner or just a up to the left..It is also clicking so it opens a lot of programs and files.

I have scanned the computer with malwares and NOD32 and so on and the program doenst find anything of interest. I have tried to start the computer in "Fail safe mode" and than everything works fine.

This problem often accours when the computer has been up and running for while but now it happens more often.

I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard. I have tried to swith the mouse of, the behavios still exists..I have tried to disconnect the mouse, the problem stil exists. I have also tried a wired old fashion mouse, the problem still exists.

I have tried to update the drivers and so on, it still exists.

What i can see i the problem started after an restart of the computer. I can imagine that the Windows 10 did som kind of update or so because when i was going to use the computer (i have it up and running during the nights because of debugging a software) there had been a restart of it.

What to do??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Kalle75

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the mouse cursor is getting stuck in the top left corner of the screen.

I’d love to help!

To resolve this problem, disable the SnapTo feature, and then download and install the updated pointer files from the Microsoft Download Center. To do this: 

1. Press CTRL+ESC to open the Start menu.
  2. Use the UP ARROW key to select Settings, press the RIGHT ARROW key to select Control Panel, and then press ENTER.
  3. Use the ARROW keys to select the Keyboard icon, and then press ENTER.
  4. Press SHIFT+TAB, press RIGHT ARROW, and then press RIGHT ARROW to select the Pointer Activity tab.
  5. Press TAB three times, and then press SPACE BAR to clear the Snap pointer to the default button in dialog boxes check box.
  6. Press TAB twice, and then press ENTER.
  7. Close Control Panel.
  8. Download and install the 11p32upd.exe file from the Microsoft Download Center. 

NOTE: After you install the 11p32upd.exe file, you can use the Mouse tool in Control Panel to enable the SnapTo feature.

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download 11p32upd.exe now

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.