Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ellis90 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MOTHER BOARD REPLACEMENT

Example: Pavilion A6400
Microsoft Windows Vista

unplugged elect cord of phone from voltage surge protection,computer went off but light stayed on.  I've been told it was my mother board,  This machine has stuff I need and I  would like very much to fix it.  Does anyone know where I can get this done?

1 REPLY
Dean Dean
Dean
8860 795 2292
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MOTHER BOARD REPLACEMENT

A local computer repair shop is the best bet, but for a computer that old, it will probably cost more than it is worth.  Best option is to salvage the data from the hard drive onto a working PC.  Easiest way to do that is to remove the hard drive from the old Pavilion A6400 and connect it to a working PC.  If it is just to retrieve the data, an adapter similar to this will work nicely

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtek-Drive-Adapter-Converter-External/dp/B00BIE996S/ref=pd_sim_147_2?_encod...

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation