cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bbanderic
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Make/Model of TV Tuner Card for e9280t

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new desktop PC and I'm seriously considering the HP Pavilion Elite e9280t.  I'd like to get a TV tuner with it and I'm curious if anyone has bought an HP PC recently and can tell me the make/model of the TV tuner cards that they're putting in these PC's.  I'm hoping it's a Hauppauge TV tuner, preferably the HVR-2550 model:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr2250.html  

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA  

Message Edited by bbanderic on 11-08-2009 07:55 PM
Message Edited by bbanderic on 11-08-2009 07:57 PM
3 REPLIES 3
sclui56
Level 5
282 279 13 40
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are two that can be configured, either the 1800 or the 1290

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=4063&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4066665

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mfaklis
Level 2
18 14 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed a HVR-2550 into my e9280t and it works just fine.

sumsolstice
Level 6
430 406 20 106
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Hauppauge 2250 card is not offered on this model - not sure if that will change in the future, but it is not currently.

I've actually purchased one and put it in my m9600t - which has the same motherboard as the system you are looking at.   It works fine for me - have it setup with Vista "Fiji" version - no problems.   I'll probably update the system to Win7 soon - its a great card.

-dm (an HP employee, but the comments/suggestions are my own, not HPs)

-DM (HP Retiree)

NOTE: If this helps you or solved your problem - please say thanks by clicking the white kudos star on the left.

If you think this would also help others, please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help them find it easier.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation