Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion All In One Model 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Malware or Ransomware has incapacitated my Dad's computer.  System restore is just running and running.  Can we get help to reinstall the entire operating system please.  This is a new computer and we have all the serial # and product #.  Please let us know how we can overcome this.  Thank you very much!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If you still have enough functionality and can reach the 'Settings' app you can try to Reset your PC.

To reset your Windows 10 PC, open the 'Settings' app [or type Settings in the Windows Search Bar], select Update & security, select Recovery, and click the “Get started” button under Reset this PC. Select “Remove everything.”

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
      If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you anyway but so far there is not enough functionality to get to Setting.

HP Recommended

You can create your own installation media to reinstall Windows 10

This will remove all your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, apps and customizations from your PC manufacturer, and changes you made to settings.

1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
  2. Download the media creation tool and then run it.
  3. Select Create installation media for another PC.
  4. Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
  5. Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
  6. Connect the installation media you created to your non-functional PC, and then turn it on.
  7. On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
  8. Select Install now.
  9. On the Enter the product key to activate Windows page, enter a product key if you have one. If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free or bought and activated Windows 10 from the Windows Store, select Skip and Windows will automatically activate later. For more details, see Activation in Windows 10.
  10. On the License terms page, select I accept the license terms (if you agree to them), then select Next.
  11. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, select Custom.
  12. On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, select a partition, select a formatting option (if necessary), and then follow the instructions.
  13. When you've finished formatting, select Next.
  14. Follow the rest of the setup instructions to finish installing Windows 10.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

> Can we get help to reinstall the entire operating system.

Turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer, and look for "press <blah> to enter System Recovery" (or words to that effect).

Press the <blah> key.

One of the "repair" options should be to use a "hidden" partition on your disk-drive to reinstall Windows, exactly as it was loaded at the factory.

This will load the HP-specific device-drivers for the HP hardware, plus any additional applications added by HP.

Or, for a few dollars, you can purchase a USB memory-stick containing the "System Recovery Set".

Boot your computer from this device, to reset to "factory" settings.

HP Recommended

Please see Windows 10 additional recovery options on this page.

If your Recovery Partition is intact you should be able to use the option shown in the link below.

"Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.