cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lattesgold
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Manuevering Bios

HP Recommended

I am attempting to do a clean install of Windows 7pro on my hp pavillion a720n desktop. I am trying to boot using the installation disk, but am told I need to change bios to "boot from disk player"? I do not know how to do that. Can someone help me?

lattesgold

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,287 23,938 2,785 10,003
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lattesgold, welcome to the forum.

The first thing that you should do is run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.  I am not certain that your computer will run Win 7 effectively.  The sweetspot for memory with Win 7 is 2 GB.  The maximum memory supported by your motherboard is 1 GB (2 x 512MB).  Here is the "Specification" page for the computer.  The specs show that the computer came with 512MB of memory.  The computer won't even start with this little memory when running Win 7.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

lattesgold
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ty so much. I will try that, and let you know how it goes hopefully tomorrow. 😉

lattesgold

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,287 23,938 2,785 10,003
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are very welcome.  I would appreciate hearing outcome.  It will be helpful for future knowledge.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
lattesgold
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran the advisor and it said it would run 7.  We just could not find anyone who could help us, so we went on E-bay and bought a referbished computer. In other words, I give up! LOL! To make things worse, I still have one other computer to do! This one is one that was home made, so know very little about it. I need a computer that can handle alot, so I'm a bit worried about this one. Guess I may have to buy another too. Sheesh! Microsoft really screwed me up when they stopped supporting xp. It has really caused me alot of grief! I can't afford a new computer tho. I'll have to find another referbished one. I'll just sell these two disks and licenses on e-bay I suppose.  

Anyway, thank you so much for trying to help me! 

lattesgold

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation