Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dotcomdoc Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Max memory speed on Truckee 1.04 E01

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a  HP Pavilion Elite HPE-180t Desktop PC with the truckee UL8E 1.04 E01 motherboard. On the motherboard specs it says "Supports PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066) DIMM types". I am having to install a new hard drive (planning on SSD), and I thought I would upgrade the ram if it would help. It currently has 12gb of 1066 (6x2). I was wondering it it would support 1600 or 1866? It seems the bios on this motherboard does not support modification of CPU speeds or memory speeds that I can tell. I use the rig for the usual, internet, MS office and moderate gaming (NFS, battlefield etc). Its 7 yrs old, it has the i7-975 so she does well, but I want it to last as long as it can and keep up. So:

1. Will it support 1600 or 1866? 1866 is getting cheap...

2. If so, would 4x3 work OK?

3. If yes to all the above, would it be worth it? 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation