Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion HPE h8-1214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The original HP tech listing indicates max 16GB total RAM over 4 slots.....

Other places show 32GB.  Is this ture, running Windows 10?   May I fully utilize 8GB x 4 slots for a total of 32GB RAM????

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @DadBear - Greetings!

I came across your message about the HP Desktop query and wanted to pop in to help 🙂

I understand that you are having concerns about the total memory (RAM) installed on your PC. First off, please check http://hp.care/2q4i6Xp to check your PC specifications. Also, your PC supports up to 16 GB and not 32 GB.

Now, if you need to see the specific details about your PC, then try the steps below:

1) Access the Run window by pressing Windows logo key + R.

2) Type msinfo32 and press enter.

This will show the installed memory and other hardware details. Let me know if you need any further information.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for jumping in to answer. Perhaps you read my post too quickly. 

I understood, and can locate, what my system's parameters are as publicised by HP support and how to perform system checks to verify hardware. 

My upgrade consternation (MAX GB/MHz) came in checking multiple reputible sites (like Crucial) that stated that the  HPE h8-1214 maxed at 32GB in Win 10.  No mention is made by them of the Angelica I/II with the GIGABYTE M3970AM-HP.     

Also, WIN 10 was not released when the h8-1214 was produced, and I was doubtful that it's webpage info would be up-to-date.    Who knew!

But, thanks, anyway!

HP Recommended

Hi @DadBear,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for your patience and persistence to try and get the issue resolved. You've displayed amazing attitude and immense resolve to try and get the issue resolved. It is greatly appreciated and Kudos to you for that. 🙂 As @Dvortex is out of office I am taking over from here.

The product specifications link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03154290 is very clear about the upgrade. There are no 2 ways about it. Whatever the version of Windows your computer supports a maximum of 16 GM or RAM. However, the operating system should be a 64-bit version.

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture

• Four 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets

• Supports DDR3 DIMMs

• PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333)

• PC3 12800 (DDR3-1600)

• Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

• Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit systems

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* systems

NOTE:

32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory

Please check this link. There is no other upgrade possible. Your computer will not support it. I am not beating around the bush, but being candid here. It will support up to 4GB of Ram in each Module. It should be 

• PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333) X 4 Ram sticks or

• PC3 12800 (DDR3-1600)  X 4 Ram sticks.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. If it does, then you know what to do. 

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.