cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rogerkat Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MediaSmart software update or uninstall - "Definitation File Is Lost"

I have an HDX-16T laptop. My MediaSmart software will not update or uninstall.  I get an Error message when attempting to update or uninstall that the Product definitation file is lost.  I think this has been the case since I bought the computer but it may be the result of  an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Regardless, i need a way to work around this problem so that I can keep the software current.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Taamalus Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MediaSmart software update or uninstall - "Definitation File Is Lost"

*bump*

I have the same problem, on Pavilon dv7. The issue is the video editor. I wanted to try it out. It did/does not open up. By that I mean, the program simply gives me a blank screen and does not load. So I simply wanted to uninstall and reinstall it. The pop-up window reads Error!! The product definitation file lost, during uninstallation.

added after an entire day working on it.

Never mind. It's fixed. I uninstalled everything and re-installed it. Yet, this and the Powerdirector is useless. First video import (mpg4) and a window pops up: You should upgrade and why - to edit my videos? Love the laptop, not what shipped with it. It all gone. :Crying:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation