cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
888Paul
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

MediaSmart will not work

HP Recommended
p6510y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10, HP MediaSmart stopped functioning. For example: I click on "photos" in mediasmart and the error code is as follows:

"Could not launch MediaSmart.

Possible reasons:

1) Your VGA driver needs an update

2) There is not enough VRAM in your VGA card

3) Remote desktop under Windows XP is not allowed"

I recently installed a new hard drive, installed the HP provided factory installation CDs for my p6510y and all worked great.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (64-bit) and now i get this error with MediaSmart.

I install all Windows updates automatically when they arrive to my pc.

I checked video drivers via Glary Utilities and it says all drivers are up to date.

Thank you for any advice 🙂

888Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello 888Paul:

Welcome to HP's Support . I am sorry to inform you that your computer doesn't support Windows 10. Just like my HP Touchsmart 600-1050 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit computer. Please revert back back to windows 7. HP has not developed any drivers to work with Windows 10 for our computers. They will never developed them. My computer was manufactured about the same time yours was. They were made well before Windows 10 was even thought of.  

If HP did develop windows 10 drivers then they would be on your computers update page plus direction on upgrading to Windows 10 given. Here is your computers HP website page link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6500-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/4223472/driver...

On the bottom  left side. See more  Support Option . This where HP would post it at telling you if your computer can be upgraded to windows 8 or windows 10. In your case neither one is displayed. That's why only Windows 7 drivers and software are provided. You should have checked it before you upgraded to Windows 10.

There is no solution for this Windows 10 error you are facing now other then reinstalling back to Windows 7 then down loading Windows 7 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate on your computer with out harming HP's software or computers drivers.  That is done by opening Windows upgrade any time and entering product key not by discs. 

Sorry you are not the only who made this mistake also.  You are welcome frrw.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello 888Paul:

Welcome to HP's Support . I am sorry to inform you that your computer doesn't support Windows 10. Just like my HP Touchsmart 600-1050 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit computer. Please revert back back to windows 7. HP has not developed any drivers to work with Windows 10 for our computers. They will never developed them. My computer was manufactured about the same time yours was. They were made well before Windows 10 was even thought of.  

If HP did develop windows 10 drivers then they would be on your computers update page plus direction on upgrading to Windows 10 given. Here is your computers HP website page link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6500-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/4223472/driver...

On the bottom  left side. See more  Support Option . This where HP would post it at telling you if your computer can be upgraded to windows 8 or windows 10. In your case neither one is displayed. That's why only Windows 7 drivers and software are provided. You should have checked it before you upgraded to Windows 10.

There is no solution for this Windows 10 error you are facing now other then reinstalling back to Windows 7 then down loading Windows 7 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate on your computer with out harming HP's software or computers drivers.  That is done by opening Windows upgrade any time and entering product key not by discs. 

Sorry you are not the only who made this mistake also.  You are welcome frrw.

View solution in original post

888Paul
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info, frrw. 

Yes, I did the check as you suggested before upgrading to Windows 10, and of course they state "hp has not tested your pc model for upgrade to windows 10", so i knew there was a chance some things or all things may not function properly 🙂

So far everything except the MediaSmart works fine, but i may revert back to 7 as you suggest should things start getting quirkey 🙂 

You have been very helpful.  Again, thank you for your expert advice! it is greatly appreciated!

888Paul

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation