Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (375 Views)

Memory card not reading

When I put my memory card in the slot the automatic reader does not come up. The one where it asks what you want to do with your pictures. How can I fix this or get the pictures off the card onto my computer?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (369 Views)

Re: Memory card not reading

Hi,

What is your machine and its OS ? Some readers can not read cards larger than 2GB (capacity) I don't know why they build the machine like that because I could buy an external card reader for only $3 (yes $3) at Best Buy last year.I actually bought 10 of them during my visit to the US, they can read 5 types of cards, large, small w/o any problem.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

It's a Presario SR1620NX. Not sure what the OS is. The machine is at least 6 years old.

Provost
Message 4 of 5 (362 Views)

littlebit32 wrote:

It's a Presario SR1620NX. Not sure what the OS is. The machine is at least 6 years old.

Hi,

OS is for Operating system (such as Windows XP, Vista, 7 ...). Probably it has same problem with my old nx8220 (can't read anything larger than 2GB). Please download this patch and install it on your machine.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (358 Views)

OK. I have Windows XP. I think you are right about not reading anything bigger than 2 GB. It will read my old card (512 MB) but not my new one (4 GB). I did download & install the patch that you sent & it still will not read the new card. Do you have any other suggestions for something that might work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation