Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I made a memory extension for the desktop (i3-6100), I put two identical banners of brand DATO 8GB 2400MHz (Total 16Gb), the computer starts correctly and after 30 minutes it makes a blue screen then restarts And it only sees 8Gb ... how one can achieve this extension? thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I always use only guaranteed compatible memory modules in all of my memory upgrades for this very reason.

If the vendor or manufacturer of the memory modules does not guarantee compatibilty with  the desktop you are taking the risk of buluescreens of even no-boot scenarios.

Try a single stick in the slot closest to the processor. Boot into Windows and see if the same thing happens. If it does not, then the other memory module has probably failed.Try the other memory module by itself to verify the failure.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I did that, slots are fine and the memory modules too, in the last try I installed both memory strips and the computer starts up properly without blue screen but it only sees 8gb... 

HP Recommended

That may ndicate ythat one of the memory modules has failed.

Try each memory module by itself by putting it in the slot closest to the processor and then powering the system on.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

each memory module work by itself in the two slots ,, the problem appears when i put the modules together...

is there a list of brand or guaranteed compatible memory modules works with hp desktops

HP Recommended

Certainly. Just do a search for your PC Product name and memory upgrade  guaranteed compatible. See the search I did n that regard at the following URL. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=HP+280+G2+memory+upgrade&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe...

Otherwise, you can purchase memory modules from HP or a vendor of HP's compatible memory modules.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.