Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion p7-1235 Desktop Computer

Win 7 64 bit

I was having this problem, found a solution, thought I'd post it.

When I plug in my headset and mic on the front panel, then when I speak into the microphone I get my own voice (slightly delayed, about a half-second) right back in my ears in the headset.  I had tried every configuration setting change I can find, both on the Windows control panel for sound settings, and also the Beats Audio control panel provided by HP.  Couldn't get it to stop.

Finally... right-clicked on the little speaker icon on the task bar.  Selected "Open Volume Mixer."  Volume Mixer comes up.  Set stereo mix setting to zero.  Problem seems fixed, unless some other idiosyncracy pops up.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback and your contribution, it might help other users that could have the same issue.

Regards

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Glad to hear your solution worked. You mention you tried "every configuration setting".

Did this include unchecking "listen to this device"? under the Stereo mix  properties "listen" tab.

Under the Sound recording tab, any device the system thinks is an "input" will be listed (microphone, Line in, Stereo mix, etc).  Each "recording" device properties prompt has a "listen" tab, in which has a "listen to this device" option.  If checked, will play whatever this device "records" and play it out of the audio device selected.

With the right combo of input and output device, feedback and delays will occur.  Matter of fact the microphone listen tab states : If you connect a mcrophone, you may hear feedback.  With this option unchecked, I tried everything an no feedback.  Check it and I get an instant scifi movie sound track.

Just wondered if  unchecking the "listen to this device" for every input source was included in your "tried every configuration" effort?  Because unchecking this (for the right input device) instantly kills the feedback for me.

Thanks,  dtipton

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.