Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alandgeorge2 Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 won't reinstall

CQ2010
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 won't reinstall.  I keep getting "files required to set up Microsoft Office Starter 2010 cannot be loaded.  Check your internet connection, then try again." (even though I am obviously connected to the internet).  I also get a "click-2-run configuration error."

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
20617 2272 7560
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@alandgeorge2, welcome to the forum.

This is a problem that will be best solved by Microsoft's Customer Support.  They are the experts on their products and should be able to help you easily solve your problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Top Student
4 0 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, they want my Product Key, which I don't still have.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
101324 14038 21568
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you don't have the file to connect to the Office Starter 2010 file server, I have zipped it up and attached it below.

This file should contact the Office 2010 file server, and download all of the files necessary to reinstall Office 2010.

Unzip the file, be connected to the internet and run it.

alandgeorge2 Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It still gives me "files required to set up Microsoft Office Starter 2010 cannot be loaded. Check your internet connection, then try again".

Provost Provost
Provost
101324 14038 21568
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work for you.

I have used it in the past and it has always worked for me.

I used it on clean installations of W7.  I have never used it when Office 2010 Starter was installed (for example to repair it).

Now that all of my PC's are running W10, I can't test the file out for you to confirm that it will still work on a clean installation of W7.

0 Kudos
alandgeorge2 Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have given up, and will now be paying $8/month forever for what was supposed to be free--simple Word and Excel.  That I will now have programs like Powerpoint for which I have no use is just clutter.  My personal belief is now that, in my opinion, HP has cooperated with Microsoft's "bait and switch"--offering free preinstalled programs yet then making it impossible to use them even in limited functionality, forcing us to pay to upgrade to a better one.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation