Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Monitor Display problem

HP Recommended
Hi,
From last few days I am facing a different problem. I am using a HP m705 Monitor. Normally Every monitor has a button to adjust its' brightness, color, view, etc. And after pressing the button on the monitor the menu is displayed on the screen.

but that menu of monitor options is continuously flashing on the screen. So, I am not able to view the center of screen. I want to know what might be the problem and how to solve it? (I hope you understand what I mean to say.)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The m705 should have a long PCA board behind the front bezel plastic on the lower front portion of the monitor. The PCA has little buttons that stick out next to the back of the buttons that you press on the front of the monitor. Over time, if dirt gets between the buttons or the plasic or PCA warps a little, or simply age, you can end up with a sticky button. That is, a button is stuck in the on position - thus bringing up an OSD continuously.

I don't have this exact laying around but if you can't solve it by pushing on the sticky button on the front of the panel. You can usually fix by removing the front plastic bezel and gently cleaning the smaller sticky buttons on the PCA with a Q-tip dampened with isopropyl alcohol or elctronics cleaner. I do not recommend doing this yourself as the CRT is charged and very dangerous. If you do attempt it, stay away from the anode tip - the thick wire that runs up to the top back of the CRT.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, i am also facing the same problem with m705 monitor, menu keep flashing with automatic change in display settings, it happened three months ago also , again i am facing same problem, i have tried reinstalling the driver, cleaning the monitor buttons from inside and complete recovery of pc apart from adjusting display settings,

is there anything else to resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem. Please reply a solution as soon as possible. it is creating problem for.

otherwise i will be left with one option to change the monitor.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello friend,

My problem is solved!

There is a manufacturing defect in these monitors (which only cause problems after the warrenty period 🙂 ).

There is chip behind these settings buttons. You need to got to a repair shop (HP authorised preferred because they know the problem) and change that chip. It only costs 200 to 300 Rs. No Need to change the monitor. I cahnged the chip and it's working fine now.

Plese reply if your problem is solved!

Sanket A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

My problem was also solved by replacing the buttons, HP mechanic said that the problem is because of these buttons are seldom used.

tnx...Prashant

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation