Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP w2207h
Microsoft Windows Vista

For 3 days l have been searching for a solution to get rid of the continously looping OSD pop ups.

(1) shows OSD Lockout

(2) OSD Main Menu appears

(3) goes to black screen.

Through various blogs l was advised to do

(1) Hold Menu button till OSD Lockout shows unlocked - NEVER happens

(2) Hold Power Button till Monitor turns itself off this could take a long time, I held it for 45 mins it never turned off but l did not get any pop ups for 8hrs

(3) Unplug monitor from wall and hold power button for 40 seconds (this is supposed to be a factory reset) didn't work

The Monitor will not tun off also even when unplugged.

A few people have actually just pulled the menu button from the front of the monitor and disconnected the yellow plastic button which feeds the menu button. I really don't want to disfigure my monitor. I cant access the toggle buttons to get into the OSD Main Menu so at this point l am at a loss. My computer is working but l can't with these pop ups, I'm ready to trash it does anyone have any other solutions. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Davies1,

Thank you for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

"OSD lock out" error appears on the monitor. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you to try the steps from the below and check if that fixes the issue.

http://hp.care/2eVZjFj

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.