Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20 All-in-One

I have performed all of HP Steps for Resolution.

Step 1:  Hard Reset

Step 2:  Listen to Computer for Beeps and Lights

Step 3:  Reset Bios

Step 4:  Turn off Sata Power Management

I have also replaced (all new parts) the:

MotherBoard and

Display Power Panel.

With the machine powered on, everything is working.  Fans, DVD door will open and light will flash.  You can feel the Hard Drive spinning.

****Does this mean the LCD Monitor is Bad?****

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @revgohogsgo,

Allow me to welcome you to the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding the computer not booting to windows and instead goes to a black screen. It will be a delight to assist you here.

Fabulous description, stupendous troubleshooting and very smart analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to connect it to another monitor and check if it works if that is an option?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the PC and the operating system used.
  • If this computer has and HDMI port, try to connect it to a TV and check if that brings up a display.

As you’ve done complete and extensive troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, I would suggest that you consult a local Best Buy or Staples technician or any other technician before investing anymore on the computer. They would diagnose it correctly and tell you what the problem is. As I am not b the computer, I would be able to actually pinpoint exactly what is wrong with the machine. The video card or the screen appear to be faulty.

We first need to isolate the issue to being hardware or software related.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply. 🙂

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Model# is 20-b013w.  It has no Video out ports.  No HDMI, VGA, S-Video.  Therefore having replaced the Mother board as well as the Display Panel, the only other thing I see it can be is the LTM200KT10 20.0 -LCDPanel made by Samsung.  I agree, not going to spend any more money on it.

HP Recommended

Hi! @revgohogsgo, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after replacing the system board and display raw panel on your PC the issue still persists.

Have you tried replacing the LCD cable with the correct part?

Also, you have to replace the display panel with a similar brand or the display will not work.

I would suggest you contact HP and get the service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.