Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Compaq Presario SR2180NX computer with a HP W19b monitor. Lately the screen fonts/resolution change on their own to a much larger size. I have gone into the resolution to change it a few times. Now when doing that, my monitor screen went black and a box with "ATTENTION" Input Not Supported" is floating around the screen. I have restarted, unplugged it and restarted but I can not get the screen to display anything else. Suggestion? Comments aside from buy a new, updated thing? Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Start pc in safe mode and try to change resolution.
Then update the graphics driver.
V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
Start pc in safe mode and try to change resolution.
Then update the graphics driver.
V.
HP Recommended

BINGO Your quick solution is so appreciated!

HP Recommended

Updated the graphics driver & didn't help.  Have Presario 1923wm and HPw19.  The floating Input Not Suppported happened after updating Windows.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended
Monitor is working in in safe mode?
HP Recommended

I just got dual monitors and when i plugged the second one into the splitter is says "input not supported" ive tried everything to fix it idk what my grahpics card is because i cant find it, lol, so if anyone knows can you pleae help thanks.

HP Recommended
Hi IamSekc,
you should open your own case.
>idk what my grahpics card is
Nevertheless we need more informations from you!
What's your pc model? os? Both monitor types?
Splitter? A splitter only doubles the image, so real dual monitoring, only dublicated.
"Input Not Supported" just means that the monitor can't display the current resolution - you would need (almost) equal monitor models to display the same. I assume they are too different to display the same ...

V.
HP Recommended

could someone help me so I can play some my games this only happen on a few  games. Thank youi really appreciate the help Carol I just bought m:heart:y HP a few weeks ago and I'm having same Problem

HP Recommended
my computer went black with input not support flaoting on the screen
HP Recommended
" input not support" - means the monitor get the wrong resolution from the pc.
Have you tried the solution annouced above?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.