cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jrow1035 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

HP ENVY Desktop - 700-515xt CT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP ENVY Desktop - 700-515xt CTO Serial Number: 2MD52116H8.

What motherboard was used in the construction of this computer.  I'm requestion the manufacturer of the motherboard and the model number. Better yet would there be a manual that I can download or buy?

John

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
9,719 9,633 904 2,627
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

HERE is the info for the motherboard for the 700-515xt CTO.  It is listed as:

• Manufacturer: MSI
  • HP/Compaq name: Kaili2
  • SSID: 2B36

I did not find a manual.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
jrow1035 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

I believe there should be more nomenclature that what you are giving me. The MSI web site doesn't recognize any of that information.

John

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,719 9,633 904 2,627
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

MSI and the other motherboard manufacturers do not support OEM equipment, therefore they deny any association with OEM equipment.  Any support must come from the OEM manufacturer, in this case HP.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

0 Kudos
jrow1035 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

Some place on that board there has to be a number other than what you are indicating. How much further do I have to go to get that a number an RMA? I'm not trying to hastle you I'm just saying when you spend $700. on a computer and you can't get the information you want it may be time to return it. It came 5/30/2015. Most big companys only understand money, if I have to return it and buy another that I can get the information I want,I'm not opposed to that. Is there a way to esculate this to the next level? I want to install a USB card is there a place to plug it in?  What about a graphics board?

John

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,719 9,633 904 2,627
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

It would seem there is a commincations gap.  I do not understand what it is you want.  The posting started out with a request for the motherboard information and now has suddenly switched to another line of postings.  If you just purchased this unit and you are not happy with it, then investigate returning it for a different item.

This is a user to user forum but some HP employees do visit the forums.

0 Kudos
jrow1035 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

All I want is researchable information on that motherboard that I can read what it's capable of doing.

John

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,719 9,633 904 2,627
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

From my earlier post -

HERE is the info for the motherboard for the 700-515xt CTO.  Click on the link and you will see the info that is available.

jrow1035 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Motherboard

Thats what I needed. Thank you.

John

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation