So, I've been searching all the way for this question, and no questions like mine or answers that helps. I have this mouse and keyboard, both wireless, and the USB that works with them.
The mouse and the keyboard are working fine, but the USB is recognized by the computer (we can hear the noise), but the light goes off right away, and does not work at all. So I can not move the mouse or use the keyboard.
Only the mouse and the keyboard have the connect button, the USB doesn't.
The only answer to this I found is that HP does not sells / restores only this USB part, and both products will be useless. I REALLY have to use this, so, please, help!!!
I understand you have issues using wireless keyboard and mouse with your PC.
Don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?
Have you tried connecting the USB receiver to a different PC and check if it works?
Have you tried replacing batteries on the wireless keyboard and mouse?
Try connecting the USB receiver to a different USB port and check if it works.
Try the steps recommended below.
1. Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager.
2. Once in Device Manager locate all devices with a yellow exception mark in front of them. In case of not working keyboards, they are most likely located under Human Interface Devices (HID) and keyboards.
3. Under keyboards right-click a keyboard with a yellow exception mark.
4. Then choose Update Driver Software….
5. Then choose to Browse my computer for driver software
6. Then choose Let me Pick from a List of Device Drivers
7. Then choose HID Keyboard Device
8. Click on Next and wait for the installation to complete, there should be no error code!
9. Unfold the Human Interface Devices category
10. Repeat steps 3-8 for any device with a yellow exception mark.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless keyboard and mouse issues.