cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
theycallmejon
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mouse and Keyboard connection dropped

I have an HP Spectre one 23-e010 and every once in a while the wireless keyboard and the wireless mouse will not respond. Nothing is affected on my computer, (no error messages) skype calls and games still progress, but I cannot use my keyboard and mouse. Holding the connect button on the back of the devices or turning them off and on again does nothing. The only solution I have found is to force shutdown the computer with the power button on the computer.

This has happened since I first got this computer. I have tried reinstalling bluetooth drivers and the such but nothing has improved. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,227
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Go to the control panel > Power Options _ set it to high performance.

Open the task manager > click on "Services" in the heading bar > open services at the bottom of the screen.

You should be at a screen that is alphabetized > find the Bluetooth service(s), right click on them and make sure they are set to automatic and that they are running.

Go back to the control panel > Device Manager and expand "Bluetooth"

Open each one and at least one of them will have "Power Management" in the heading bar.

Click on that and un-tick the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

These are general instructions, if you need me to be more specific, I need to know what OS you are running and what Bluetooth software you are running. (if any)

Some Bluetooth hardware will run happily if you use the Windows Bluetooth stack, while others run better on the provided software by the manufacturer _ but not always.

Logitech software can cause delayed shut downs and be a little buggy and sometimes it's better just to use the Windows Bluetooth software already built in.

theycallmejon
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you very much! The bluetooth service was set to manual and the bluetooth adapter could be turned off by the computer but i fixed that.

Many thanks and i will let you know if everything stays working!
0 Kudos
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,227
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're welcome ! :generic:

I hope all this solves your problem, I know my mouse, media pad and Logitech keyboard works well with those settings.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation