Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (508 Views)

Mouse not working on Touchsmart

Hello hello

Today i turned on my touchsmart  IQ820sc just to find out that the mouse is not working. I have tried taking batteries out, installing software again, tried pressing connect and search the computer for errors but found nothing. The red light is flashing under the mouse, so i have no idear where the fault is. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 2 (488 Views)

Re: Mouse not working on Touchsmart

try doing a hard reset.  unplug everything from the computer (external hd, cd's/dvd's, speakers, cables, power cords) > press the power button for a few secs >  plug the wireless reciever back in and everything else >  turn it on and cross your fingers.  Hope it works.  You can also try uninstalling all of the usb root hubsand restarting the pc.  I've seen this work.

I work for hp but i'm only sharing my opinion and not speaking on behalf of "The Company".

Jonathan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation