Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JablesTheGreat Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Moving my pc into new case and upgrading components

Hp pavilion p7-1519c
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, so i am in possesion of an hp desktop (here is the product page, http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03635837) and i was planning on buying a new case, a new GPU (msi gtx 1060) and a new Psu (to support my new gpu. Now in order for me to add all of this stuff i think it would be ideal to transfer all of my components to a new case. I am familiar with how to do this, i just wanted to know if this will all work nice and smoothly or if i need to know a few things first or even if it will not work at all. Thank you.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
13336 1252 2970
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Moving my pc into new case and upgrading components

JablesTheGreat

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I've done this a few times -- but not with this model PC -- so I can only offer general comments ...

1) I/O shield -- this is the small plate that covers the external sockets at the back of the case.  These are generally a standard size, so if the new case has the same size opening, you can simply move the shield to the new case.

2) USB ports -- these have standard MoBo connectors, so as long as the ports in the new case are the same generation as the old case (i.e., USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0), you should be able to reconnect the USB ports without problems.

3) Memory card readers -- this is more problematic.  Every HP PC I've owned has had memory card readers and the connectors are anything but standard. In addition, the readers themselves are designed to fit into each special case, so they're not "bolt-ons" that can simply be reattached to a different case.  If this is the situation with yours, you would have to suffice with USB-based memory card readers for the new case.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation