Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z800
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, 

i need some help with major issues im having with my newly "second hand" bought z800.

i build the system yesterday and everything was working great. I put 96 gig of memory in the system  ( ECC registered 1333 like recomended). Windows 8.1 pro X64. Caviar black 2 tb hard drive.i put a gtx 1070 graphic s card (and it workds fine). I also put two xeon x5690 and both are detected fine. Machine was suppose to be a beast!.... 

Everything was detected fine, until this morning. 

Now im getting error messages and the machine wont pass the booting screen. Here are the messages:

1) cpu fan not detected

2)memory fan not detected

3)memory warming conditions

My bios is v03.10

I opened up the case to check on the fans during boot up and all of em are spinning properly, no crazy noise coming from the machine either. 

All the fans are clean no dust and are spinnning properly. Its really odd because i must have booted the machine  20 times since installing OS and all and everything was going well, so im pretty sure everything is plugged fine.

But during one boot up the machine was only detecting 81 gig of memory, and another time was detecting only 16 gig??

All i can think off is a failing motherboard right now but im not sure... maybe bios?

Please i need your input and help ( i contacted the seller as well hopefully i can get some answers to fix the problem)

thank you all for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

the latest BIOS is version 3.60

HP Recommended

thank you for your help

can you provide me with a link? i tried a search here but i could find that specific version of the bios.

Thank you again!

L.

HP Recommended

thank you ! i will try that and let you know if it fixed my problems  🙂

HP Recommended

I don't think this will fix it, but at least it won't make things worse.

Your issues imo could be power related, which PSU is in your machine ?

HP Recommended

its the strongest one 1100W. I did quite a bit of research before building the unit to make sure all components were compatible. The fans also are the high capacity ones as well to be compatible with the x5690. My gtx 1070 requires an 8 pin so i use a cable to convert the two 6 pins to an 8 and works good, detected and all.

It ran fine for a day, quite mind buggled here...

thanks for your help

L.

HP Recommended

hello again, i tried updating the bios but i get an error update

here s what i do :

1. put the exe at the root of the usb (with nothing else on it)

2. put the key in and boot  up

3. go in the bios and go to file --flash system rom---usb---accept

result: error message ----------file is missing or damaged

i thought this would have been a simple process, what am i missing? thank you !

HP Recommended

the Softpaq executable is an archive, you missed to extract it.

Get 7zip, this software is free and is able to open almost every type of archive.

Open the executable, there is a folder named DOS_Flash.

The file you need is called 7G3_0360.bin (this is the ROM image).

Copy the file to the root of your FAT32 formatted USB drive.

Repeat step 2 and 3.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.