Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an issue that appears lots of other people have, the touch screen on my Envy all-in-one keeps thinking that it's being touched when it's not. I've tried cleaning the screen, updating drivers, turning off the overhead flourescent lights (someone else reported that this was causing issues), and disabling the HID driver (HID-compliant touch scren). Nothing has resolved the issue.

When I disable the driver, sometime within the same day, or within a couple of days, it re-enables itself. I've even tried uninstalling the driver and somehow it gets reinstalled. This computer is used by the receptioninst of a busy clinic. Once the screen starts bouncing around the computer becomes completely unusable, which makes it impossible to schedule appointments or process payments.

I'm no longer interested in fixing the issue, I just want to disable the touch screen completely and never have it re-enabled. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mangobadango,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the touchscreen of your HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014 activate without user intervention on the touch panel.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.