Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Oarellano921 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer went black and tatted beeping after I restarted it

Hp envy
My pc is going crazy, I updated iTunes and it asked to restart I said ok then it started beeping out of nowhere once I turned it on
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Grad Student
Grad Student
175 11 38
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My computer went black and tatted beeping after I restarted it

Oarellano921: 

Just need a little bit more information:

1.  Could you please post the exact model of your Envy and the year of manufacture of the PC?

2.  Does the beeping occur immediately after you attempt to start the PC?  By this I mean before or during the BIOS initialization sequence where you can see the HP logo.   Alternatively, are able to boot into Windows and find the beeps happening then?  This could also happen after the initial boot sequence when Windows is attempting to load.  It helps to know exactly when the beeps occur.

3.  How many beeps are you hearing?

Hardware can go at the craziest times, leaving one very confused.  If you have a dedicated graphics card, it could be the card or the socket (less likely) is faulty.  It could be a bad stick of RAM.  It could also be that the iTunes program may somehow be interfering with the functionality of a part.  Information will help.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation