Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have internet service through ATT, last week I called them about internet problems (slow connections and drops). ATT sent a rep over and upgraded my router, before they installed the new routher my computer was recognizing my internet service and listed all connections in my area. After the service upgrade I could not connect using my wi-fi, my computer could not recognize or list any of the connections available. I called the ATT rep back to the house to see if he could fix the problem, he could not. I can connect to the internet with a cable directly to the computer but not wireless. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the network adapter driver, updating it, resetting the hardware and also using the automatic troubleshooter, nothing solves the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Quepsi, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  When you furnish the model I will help your further.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

No problem before the router upgrade process and THAT is the only change. Looks like your new router only broadcasts 5.0GHz and your machine can only see 2.4GHz, not 5GHz. Please ask them to allow new router to broadcast both (dual) bands which are 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
That makes sense, I will try that and let u know if that solves the problem
HP Recommended
Sorry, I have a HP 320-1050 with an AMD A6-3600 APU. It is the all in one, hope this helps?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Machine only has

Figure 2: Wireless card - top view

Wireless card - side view
  • Interface type: PCI-e half-length mini card

• Data transfer speeds: up to 150 Mbps

• Transmission standards: 802.11 b/g/n

• Supported antenna connections: 1

• Operating band: 2.4 GHz

• Supported security protocols:

• WPA

• WEP

Source:  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03024967

Please check my previous reply.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.