Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
37 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My desktop doesn't load operating system

HP pro 3330 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My HP pro 3330 Microtower doesn't load operating system. when I switch it on, it shows only blue color and it's written: press esc key for the start menu. 20160616_200942.jpg

The above image shows what is displayed by my computer for hours and hours and it doesn't go beyond.

I Have removed everything And reconnected them but no change.

My pc is HP pro 3330 Microtower

Help me please.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 21 55
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @FLORENT,

Kindly check whether unit is booting to Safe Mode.  

To Enter Safe Mode at startup

Use the following steps to start Windows 7 in Safe Mode when the computer is off:

1.Turn on the computer and immediately begin pressing the F8 key repeatedly.

2.From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and press ENTER.

The computer will automatically exit Safe Mode when it is shut down.

Also, I would suggest you, to run HDD diagnostic on the unit.

Press Esc Key for Startup and from there Choose diagnostic and perform the HDD test on the unit. This will help you to isolate the problem, whether it's with H/w or with Operating System.

If Hardware is working fine on the unit, then you may have to reinstall OS on this unit.

Alternate Way to run Hardware diagnostic.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_...

I hope that answers your question. :)

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Mr in Fact My computer doesn't allow me to start in safe mode becouse when I turn it on, the keyboard doesn't work. And if I press F8 or F2 immediately after turn on, there is no change . It only shows the message I uploaded recently. And I have removed every device connected and replace them but no change.

But when I move my Hard disk to other computers, My hard disk works well!!

I still need your Advices.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 21 55
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @FLORENT,

You mean on another unit, with the same HDD unit is booting to windows and working properly?

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
382 22 60
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't have your system so can only provide general info :?

You mentioned your keyboard does not work, so try that keyboard on another computer to see if it functions.

One way to test if it works is to press caps lock and see if the caps lock led lights up :)

If it does work on another computer, try using another USB port on your computer (if it's a USB keyboard).

If it does not work on another computer, try another keyboard on your computer.

If your keyboard uses the older PS port, try a USB keyboard.

Hopefully you can get a working keyboard and you can now press the mentioned keys to select the boot source.

If you can't see the HDD as a boot source, try connecting it to another SATA or ATA port on your computer and see if that works.

If it still does not work but your keyboard works, jump into BIOS and look at the boot priority and SATA/ATA settings.

If you still can't see the HDD within BIOS or no keyboards work, then likely the motherboard if bricked in some way.

If this happened after a lightning storm, then you home insurance may cover repairs :)

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation