cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My hp says 'Selected boot image did not authenticate'...

HP Recommended

Every time I turn on my hp, it shows a black screen that says, 'Selected boot image did not authenticate' and the only option is 'OK'. I have tired multiple different options to fix my hp, but nothing seems to work. I have pressed F10, I have removed my battery and my power cord and held the power button down for fifteen seconds, but have had no success in fixing the problem. Please, can anyone help me fix this issue?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,394 2,302
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Kaylamrw15,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are unable to boot into Windows. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you to resolve the issue. 

Please attempt the below steps:

Perform a Hard reset:

Run the System diagnostics test:

This will test all the hardware in the system and detect any problems. If it fails please capture the failure code.

If all the test passes, I would suggest  you may try the "Reset the PC" or the "Recovery Manager" options to reinstall Windows OS. Doing this will delete all data and the computer will go back to its original factory condition. But if both these options do not work then it means that the recovery partition is corrupt. 

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support.  

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be happy to help you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation