Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DESKTOP-LN70215
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my keyboard. Is not working everywhere.

Lets say i can type online all i want but on my folders or on thngs on windows i cannot type anything (ex. skype)

How this can be fixed?

Thanks in advance 

keyboard 1.pngkeyboard 2.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Eutuxios_CY

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the keyboard doesn't work at certain parts on windows,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Is this the OEM (preinstalled) windows that came with your computer or did you change it to a retail version?

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

While you respond to that, I recommend you try accessing the safe mode using this link: Click here

Let me know if that works,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again and thank you for your responce,

The product number is  ΄΄P1S02EA#AB7΄΄  , about the winows, like this was from when i buy the laptop, i didn΄t change anything on it.  About when start to make this was some months after i  buy it!

I dont know if i did something  and i create this.

HP Recommended

I can write on safe mode yes. but why not on normal mode;;;;

keyboard 3safe mode.png

HP Recommended

@Eutuxios_CY

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed. 

It looks like the user profile could be corrupt or there's something you've recently installed that blocking your keystroke response,

I recommend you create a new local account with administrative rights, and check if that works.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.