cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
javajohn23
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My new PC won't start

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new PC came today.  I set it u the PC will power on but won't start. 

the monitor doesn't recognize the sorce.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> PC will power-on, but won't start.

You have a warranty with your new PC.

Did you get any "paper", e.g., a warranty-statement, with a telephone-number to call for assistance?

0 Kudos
javajohn23
Author
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The tower powers on but won't boot. I think something is missing or not hooked up, maybe like a disk drive.
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> something is missing or not hooked up, maybe like a disk drive.

That's the most-likely explanation -- something was not "tightly" connected at the factory, and "jiggled loose" while the computer was being shipped & bounced around.

Other possibility: the power-supply outputs various voltages (5V, 12V).

If it has a problem, then the voltage-level to power the lamps is working,

but the voltage-level to power the motherboard or the disk-drive is not working.

Reboot, and enter BIOS SETUP.

Look for details about whether both the CD/DVD drive and the disk-drive are "detected", and listed.

But, you should not have to do your own "trouble-shooting" on a brand-new computer by yourself.

Call HP, and make them "earn" the money that you paid them for your new HP computer.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation