cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post

My volume OSD has disappeared.

HP Recommended

Has anyone else experienced this issue where the volume on screen display disappears? The volume buttons are working, but there's no on screen confirmation of adjustment (other than the standard windows volume icon on the taskbar).

Rebooting has not fixed this issue. The problem has occured after I recently reset my computer back to factory specifications (due to other issues with missing taskbar icons and Media Centre remote only partially working).

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,454 41,701 4,561 12,047
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Haribolman wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this issue where the volume on screen display disappears? The volume buttons are working, but there's no on screen confirmation of adjustment (other than the standard windows volume icon on the taskbar).

Rebooting has not fixed this issue. The problem has occured after I recently reset my computer back to factory specifications (due to other issues with missing taskbar icons and Media Centre remote only partially working).

Please identify your notebook/pc with more than the series number. Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker. Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following image.
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit)

Go to a command line.

Type sfc /scannow and let it run. The system file checker will inspect your system files and replace any that are correupt or otherwise damaged or missing.

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Didn't realise I hadn't included my system info.

Touchsmart 300-1060a purchased a year ago.

p/n NY759AA-ABG

Windows 7, 64 bit.

According to sfc/scannow, everything is working as it should!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Haribolman wrote:

Didn't realise I hadn't included my system info.

Touchsmart 300-1060a purchased a year ago.

p/n NY759AA-ABG

Windows 7, 64 bit.

According to sfc/scannow, everything is working as it should!

Thanks for the information.

Here is a link to the support portal for your PC.

In the Start search box type msconfig

Select the Startup tab.

Make sure that there is a checkmark in the HP Quicktouch On Screen Display Item

Select the  OK button and restart your PC.

msconfig1.GIF

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
205 201 5 25
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Haribolman wrote:

Hi,

Try installing this update:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-80881-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I appreciate the help being provided very much.

First to erico, I checked the Startup tab in the System Config and was unable to see HP Quicktouch On Screen Display Item in the menu, so I was unable to proceed. However, all items in the startup tab were checked.

Second to Ben95111, I downloaded and installed the HP patch you provided a link to, however it failed to update (error 259)

Not sure where to go next!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Haribolman wrote:

Well, I appreciate the help being provided very much.

First to erico, I checked the Startup tab in the System Config and was unable to see HP Quicktouch On Screen Display Item in the menu, so I was unable to proceed. However, all items in the startup tab were checked.

Second to Ben95111, I downloaded and installed the HP patch you provided a link to, however it failed to update (error 259)

Not sure where to go next!

Right click the taskbar sound icon. Select Volume Control Options put check marks in the All devices playing sound, The default communication device and next to the sound device (perhaps speakers) that you use. Left click on apply and then OK.

Right click the sound icon. Does an on screen representation of volume control appear for each device that you chose?

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
@erico wrote:

Right click the taskbar sound icon. Select Volume Control Options put check marks in the All devices playing sound, The default communication device and next to the sound device (perhaps speakers) that you use. Left click on apply and then OK.

Right click the sound icon. Does an on screen representation of volume control appear for each device that you chose?

Best regards,
erico

Yes, I get the on screen rep of the volume control for each device.

And no, I stil don't get the large Volume OSD that used to appear in the middle of the screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the Keyboard, ACPI Buttons and OSDs Driver update.

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

Try reinstalling the Keyboard, ACPI Buttons and OSDs Driver update.

Best regards,
erico

I,

I've just tried it again for the third time. Did not work again. Error 259.

bummer!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation