Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a P6719c with the N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard.  It has a PCI Express x16 slot for a video card.  Is this slot and teh motherboard compatible with the PCI Express 2.0 cards, or would I have to stay with teh PCI Exptress 1.0 cards?

I know I have to upgrade the power supply.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

A PCI-E version 2 card shouldn't be a problem. I would stay away from the Radeon HD 5xxx series cards.

Read through this posted document.

Review the bios and software updates for your PC.  The latest bios updates fixes quite a few issues.

What applications are you using that will require a discrete video card and a power supply upgrade?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I want to purchase Mass Effect 3, and if I am reading the hardware recommendation correctly, the current on board video  does not meet the minimum requirements.

HP Recommended

Hi,

A mid-range video card should work well for your game.

This Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 is $125 after rebate.

This EVGA NVIDIA 550 TI is $110 after rebate.

Here is a comparison between the 6850 and the 550 TI.

This Corsair CX500 is an excellent power supply. It's $50 after rebate.

These HP 'how-to" articles should be helpful.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

You are welcome!:smileyhappy:

Let us know how your upgrades go.

HP Recommended

True, thats the real test.  The video card and power suppply should arrive this week, so I know what I will be doing saturday.

Then I can test ME3.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.