cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,904 105,082 16,593 25,455
Message 11 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NO SOUND AFTER INSTALLING VIDEO CARD

Hi, Murcerial:

The onboard audio setting is in your advanced menu under device options.

There you will find your onboard audio setting disabled. Change it to enabled. Save the setting there by hitting the F10 key and again when you exit.

You should have your onboard audio back once you reboot.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul you were absolutely right. I followed your steps and it worked first time around! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul you were absolutely right. I followed the same steps and it worked first time around! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 14 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DC7900, Installed new Asus Nvidia V982, with HDMI.

When I installed the on board drivers before the video driver all works fine, after install the asus video driver Version: 267.85 I reboot the system and no audio problems begins.

In Bios I saw that the Integrated Audio (Advanced/PCI Devices/HD Audio) goes to Disable!, I changed this to Activate and the problem is solved,

Thanks for the ideas 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Systems configuration:

Model:          dc5750 sff

CPU:            AMD Athlon x2 4450B

Memory:      2GB

HDD:           750GB Seagate SATA

O/S:             Windows 7 Home Premium (x86)

I wanted to set this up as a home theater pc and added an ASUS EAH5450 Silent video card to increases the video memory to 1GB.  This really kicked my butt until I took the following measures:

1.  Do NOT load the ASUS video drivers

The drivers could not allocate the system resources for the EAH5450 without stepping on other
     system resources.  I spent a week trying to make this work without success.

2.  Do NOT load the Windows Update drivers for either the onboard X-press or EAH5450 video

The Windows Update drivers did not fix the conflict between the two video chipsets.  I was
     stuck in 800x600 land without any good options to get to 1920x1080 (1080P) resolution.

3.  DO update your system to the latest BIOS

I know that there is some risk anytime you load a new BIOS on your system, but the HP BIOS

on these systems has the ability to backup and recover your BIOS, so I went ahead and made

sure this was not going to be a limitation.

4.  DO go out to amd.com and get the latest Catalyst drivers for your video card

The Catalyst 12.2 drivers that I downloaded finally identified the EAH5450 correctly and

configured it for 1080P on my system.

Considerations:

I know that these dc5750's were designed for Windows XP and Vista.  I felt like the dual-core Athlon chip at 2.3Ghz would provide more than enough power if match with a decent video card and I was right.  Video and DVD playback on this systems is performing as I expected it, smooth and reliably.  I am using a Visio LED HD TV with a logitech sound system plugged into it and now have the modest home theater that I wanted.  I also added PCIe (1x) Hauppauge video decoder for cable input form my Comcast cable box.  I am also pleased that the 240 Watt power supply in the dc5750 has held up to the addition of the EAH5450 and the Hauppauge cards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 16 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly same problem with HP computer, do not know how to deal with it.

almost give up to upgrade my video card

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 17 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i do not know how to change it to "enabled"/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 18 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem but with added complications. I have a dc5750 small form factor PC running windows XP 32 bit and I am installing an nvidia geforce GT-610 PCI-e 2.0 video card. The problem I'm having is similar to the others where the sound goes out after installing the video card. The added complication is that I cannot get in to the BIOS anymore. The display goes in to power save mode and turns off as if the computer is off until after windows has loaded. The monitor turns on around the time that the desktop comes up. If I remove the video card and connect to the onboard video card it functions normally. I'm not sure how to solve this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,904 105,082 16,593 25,455
Message 19 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

My opinion is that the card you installed in your dc5750 is simply not compatible.

I wouldn't put a nVidia card in a PC with an AMD-based processor and chipset--that's just me.

With the P/S and architecture in your PC, I would opt for the AMD Radeon HD 4350 if you can find one with low profile brackets.

You might get by with a HD5450/HD6450, but I am a little bit concerned that those cards are PCIe 2.1, and don't always work 100% of the time with older motherboards.

I will say though, that I did install a Radeon HD 6570 PCIe 2.1 card in a dc7600 CMT (365W P/S), which is an older model (but has an Intel chipset and processor) than yours, and it worked just fine.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 20 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir,

there is nothing to do with AMD processor.

Most problems occured with HP computers. So there must be the problem or defect or

"imcompatibility" (defect) of the HP motherboard.

Computer parts are getting more and more compatible with each other so they will

continue to be on the market, unless you have the ability to "control" other manufacturers.

Otherwise, i would consider as "defect".

This is just my opinion.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation