Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pav 550-295na DT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not been able to activate the desktop clock gadget on my new Win 10 machine.

I have reset the settings in Control Panel and it has made no difference, even after restarting.

I have downloaded and installed Desktop Gadget installer and while I have been able to get the calendar and date to show,

'Add'ing the Clock from the Gadgets doesn't work, although it is shown as being installed on the list.  I actually had it added over two dozen times, but it still didn't show.

Not having a desktop clock is a really poor show for a top of the range 64 bit Win10 desktop, especially since it is shown as available in the Control Panel settings.  I have read in one place that this would mean the software is corrupted.  This is all a very poor showing for supposedly top of the range equipment.

How can I get my desktop clock to show?  Surely this is not too much to ask of a brand new rig?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem is with the application and not with the computer.

These third party applications can have conflicts with the OS and even the original version of gadgets from win 7 was dicontinued (Microsoft offers app to completely remove from Windows 7). 

If you want clock and want to change desktop I think the best option and also most beautiful is to use rainmeter and get skins and "widgets" from devianart.

https://www.rainmeter.net/

https://rainmeter.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

@Luthien23,

There is also the program called "8GadgetPack" for WIN 10/8.1/8

It started out as a few gadgets, hence the name, but has grown to 25+ gadgets.

Please read the entire page.  It will assist with the appearance.+

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi iomare,

Thanks a lot for explaining that, it really helps.

I'll check out your suggestions.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey wb2001,

Thankyou very much for your suggestion, I'll check it out.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Best regards

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.