Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@turkleton thanks for sharing your experience.

If you had seen my post, things would have been easier for you. 🙂

There is a newer GeForce 309.08 Driver. You can easily download it from my detailed post NVIDIA compatibility issue with Windows 10 (Solved)

HP Recommended

Thanks - I should have searched for the compatibility message rather than the Compaq model number...

HP Recommended

@IvanRF wrote:

@turkleton thanks for sharing your experience.

If you had seen my post, things would have been easier for you. 🙂

There is a newer GeForce 309.08 Driver. You can easily download it from my detailed post NVIDIA compatibility issue with Windows 10 (Solved)

big thanks to you IvanRF for the solution to getting the Geforce 6 & 7 series graphics to work under Windows 10

I recently repaired a broken HP Pavilion A6110n computer that I got from a friend (by replacing the faulty motherboard with an HP board part no. 5188-8534 that uses onboard Geforce 6150se graphics & nForce 430 chipsets) and used the Media Creation Tool to manually create a Win10 v1511 ISO image and burned it to a DVD disc.  I performed an "offline" installation of Win10 with no internet connection [very important part folks to NOT do online/internet Win10 installs so cut off your internet connection by unplugging the ethernet/LAN cable or disable the WiFi/WLAN adapter while installing Win10 this way!] and after installation, installed the Geforce 309.08 driver and the Geforce 6150se works fine on Win10.

HP Recommended

Can the oroblem be over come simply by inserting another 'card' ,or is that too simlplistic ?

If it can then what would be a suitable solution ?

HP Recommended

Thanks you very much.

Followed those instructions, did the downloads and all went well.

HP Recommended

@jecur wrote:

Can the oroblem be over come simply by inserting another 'card' ,or is that too simlplistic ?

If it can then what would be a suitable solution ?

How is buying and installing a new card, assuming you can find one that will work with the system's minimal power supply, more simplistic than just ignoring the message and forcing the update?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.