cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
18 11 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

NXP's ProximityBased SmartCard Reader XP NearField Proximity Provider devices in HP Envy Recline

HP Envy Recline 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unfortunatly, I could not find a catagory for the two NXP devices: NXP's ProximityBased SmartCard Reader and the NXP NearField Proximity Provider in the HP Envy Recline.

Hopefully a moderator can add the RFID catagory under AIO's perhaps.

HP provides a tag writer (Touchzone Writer), but no reader AFAIK. Why not?

HP TouchZone Writer help mentions a Free Credential Manager, but offers no link to download.

I tried various smartcards and RFID tags (which i can read with my Nexus 5 phone), using various 3rd party RFID Windows apps, none worked.

Is RFID going to be better supported by HP? Transit companies are moving to charging RFID transit cards via home computers. WIll my HP ENVY RECLINE ever be able to do that?

HP TouchWriter help mentions a Free Credential Manager, but offers no link to download.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2
18 11 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

NXP's ProximityBased SmartCard Reader XP NearField Proximity Provider devices in HP Envy Recline

Ive purchased more smart tags. They also work with my Nexus 5 phone, but HP TouchZone writer cannot detect them when attempting to write a Login tag.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
18 11 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There is a driver  update avalable via WIndows Device Manager for the  NXP's ProximityBased SmartCard Reader which enables rfid detecting/reading. 

This update is NOT available via HP Support Assisant.

I am still unable to write a login tag, becasue the tags i have do not have enough memory. HP fails to specify the amount of memory required on a login rfid tag.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation