cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jbattagl Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need Help! Bios file for Compaq SR2010NX

Hello all,  I'm looking for the original bios file for the SR2010NX.  HP doesn't have it on their website and my computer won't boot correctly with it.  ahhhhhh.  I appreciate any help!!!

Thanks John
0 Kudos
149 REPLIES 149
Professor
Professor
2,499 2,488 134 244
Message 2 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe you can set it to the default settings. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110

Did you load the new bios? If so,where did you get it?

0 Kudos
jbattagl Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I attempted that already a number of times because I'm doing it blindly.  The problem is with the new bios.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 4 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to what I found, that has this motherboard:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00757470

Which is a A8M2N-LA  Naos-GL6, is this that what you have?  And what BIOS are you looking for, or should I say what did you try to put on it?

I happen to have the same motherboard on an old Compaq, so I could possibly exctact the BIOS file if it is the one you are looking for.  It showes 3.00 I beleive but I will check if you need the info.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
jbattagl Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes that is the correct motherboard (A8M2N-LA).  I'm looking for version 3.0 and yes mine is from a older Compaq!  If you could extract that I would be forever grateful!!!  Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 6 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before we go that route, what has happened that you want the original BIOS? What are the symtoms you experienced to ask for the BIOS?
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

0 Kudos
jbattagl Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did a bios update and the onboard video no longer works.  After going back to the updated bios, in fine print it said that certain components on the mobo may not funcation correctly.  So thats where I stand at the moment.  I'd still appreciate it if you could extract your bios and email it to jbattagl@hotmail.com.  🙂
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 8 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have seen that in other postings that the same thing has happen when they use the BIOS update intended for a similar board. 
The BIOS you ran was this one:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-56162-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈...

Where it says "Updates the Video BIOS to version 5.51.28.50."

I need to check some things but running the original BIOS back into the board will not fix the onboard video, in my opinion.

BTW: That BIOS update was for the "NodusM3-GL8E" version of the A8M2N-LA not the "Naos-GL6"

0 Kudos
tyomach Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 9 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem- I have compaq SR2030NX, stupidly updated BIOS on NAOS board with the wrong update (35111 or 35159) and lost video. I can still use this PC with a PCI video card. I want to revert to the old BIOS. If someone has A8M2N-LA  NAOS (Not NODUS) board (the one with 2 RAM slots) and can extract the BIOS I'' ll be very thankful. Please PM me <email address removed>

here is what you need to do:

download bios flasher sp35159.exe from hp: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=pv-545...

open file with an archivator ie WinRAR (do not run it) and run  winflash.exe

file>save -save bios as a .bin file and send it to me

Message Edited by WendyM on 02-23-2009 06:14 PM
Provost Provost
Provost
9,667 9,581 896 2,603
Message 10 of 150
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check your email

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation