Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 21-a256in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion 21-a256in AIO Desktop with 4 GB RAM. I would like to upgrade the memory to 8GB. What is correct RAM type that I should buy for this upgrade. DIMM or SODIMM. Can someone help me with full details to look for the correct memory?

Is it 4gb PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) SO-DIMM for desktop

OR

4gb PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) DIMM for desktop

Please provide the exact details that would help me buy in HP or any other online vendor like Amazon or EBay.

Thanks.

Narayan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

Will try to help you with the memory upgrade.

Your PC memory specs are:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM sockets
    • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) (with select Ivy Bridge processors only)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs
  • Supports up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs
  • *32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory

I use Crucial Memory in my HP Desktop and Notebook PC's with consistent good result.

You must check memory speed HP installed at the factory and buy same speed. Your PC supports three different speeds. CPU-Z is free and will help identify your HP installed memory.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.