Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post

Need a new audio control program, under 64-bit Windows Vista

HP Recommended

My HP d5200t computer, running 64-bit Vista Home Premium SP2, needs a  new audio control program.

The one it came with, Realtek HD Audio Manager, is unable to recognize any USB-connected audio devices and therefore unable to select any of them as the default audio input and output devices - but most of the audio devices I have are USB-connected.

I found an update for this program on the Realtek site, but the new version still does not recognize USB-connected audio devices.

Where can I find a suitable replacement audio control program that does recognize USB-connected audio devices?

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Level 9
2,376 2,316 169 524
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not sure if this will help, here is a link to free USB audio driver.

Jaco

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've already downloaded and installed updated drivers several times.  They did not help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
2,376 2,316 169 524
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have installed these drivers? They did not work.

I am using these drivers with Behringer guitar link via USB and they work fine???

Good Luck!

Jaco

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed the drivers.  They worked as drivers, but did not offer any help with the audio control program problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,568 5,441 388 899
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand you want to change your input and output sound devices, but the bundled audio manager is not allowing this.  

I'm not certain if this will work for your needs, but wanted to present an alternate approach which should work for setting input/output devices.  The Sound manager in control panel should allow you to set the input and output devices independent of the audio manager.  This is accessible by going to Start, searching for Sound, and opening the result in the control panel category.  Once there, the Playback and Recording tabs should list the devices that are available for input/output respectively.  You may need to right-click in a blank area and select show disabled/disconnected devices to see all of the options that are available.  I do hope this alternate method does help at least set the input and output devices.

Let me know if this answered your question.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That partially helped - it allows me to select two of the USB-connected audio devices, but not the other two.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,568 5,441 388 899
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm glad it was able to partially help.  What are the other two USB audio devices?  Are they being used as an output or input device?

In device manager (with the two USB devices connected), are there any items marked with an error (! or ?)?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The other two are the headphones portion (output) and microphone portion (input) of a headphones/microphone combination device.  Whenever I plug in that device, it tells me that the driver for it is not installed - but no driver came with it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,568 5,441 388 899
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The driver issue would be why it's not listed or selectable.  I take it this is a USB headset.  What brand and model is the headset?

Signature
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation