Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the device manager, that combination device is treated as one device, and has a ! beside it.

Another device, a USB-connected UPS, also has a ! beside it.  At least part of the software package for that UPS will not stay installed past a reboot or a restart, but I now keep the installation procedure for that software package on my desktop so I can reinstall it after every reboot or restart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Logitech B530 USB Headset.

The procedure under Found New Hardware for locating and installing the driver does not work for either the headphones or the UPS.  For the UPS, it still does not work if I tell it what directory contains the driver installation package, so I have to start the driver installation package myself.

I suspect that, at least for the UPS, the order of starting things up after a restart or reboot is involved.  Where can I find that order, so I can tell it to move the UPS portion before the 5 minute delay before BOINC is restarted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,568 5,441 388 899
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The headset should be treated as one device in device manager as it is physically one device.  However, the sound panel will treat the headphones and the microphone separately as the components serve different purposes.

It looks like the headset has a two year warranty.  Have you tried contacting Logitech?  It does need a driver and if Windows is not providing the driver, then Logitech should have a driver available.  However, Logitech doesn't provide any downloads for this particular headset.  Open the device in device manager and report the full status message for the headset.

In device manager, right-click the headset and select uninstall.  Follow the prompts to remove it.  Once that is done, right-click the computer name in device manager and select scan for hardware changes.  This should prompt the reinstallation of the device and may allow the Windows driver to work.  

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Logitech B530 USB Headset

Device type: Other devices
Manufacturer: Unknown

Device status
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

The uninstall and scan for hardware changes tells me to insert the disc that came with the headset - but there was no such disc.
If Windows Vista even came with such a driver, this procedure does not find it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,568 5,441 388 899
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like the headset is receiving device code error 1.  The driver is provided by Windows since the driver is not available for download and did not come with the headset.  Since it is a USB headset, it is critical to get the driver to work.  

On the same window that the status message was displayed, select the details tab and change the property to hardwareIDs.  What are the first two hardware IDs listed?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 5
296 271 4 20
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only two Hardware Ids listed are:

USB\VID_046&PID_0A26&REV_0100
USB\VID_046&PID_0A26

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,568 5,441 388 899
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm certain that the hardware IDs are correct, but they don't seem to be returning any results when I google them or search Microsoft's update catalog to find the Windows driver for it.  

Have you had any luck contacting Logitech's web support regarding this issue?

Signature
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation