cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Need help identifying what problem this is

HP Recommended
HP 2009f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi
I just want to know if:
Is this a common problem with LCD Monitors?
What is this display issue called?
Is this fixable? If so, how?
I know this is a monitor issue because I've tried many troubleshoots.
Please answer my questions above, I don't prefer replacing my monitor yet. Also, I couldn't take screenshots because the lines or dots don't appear to other users so I used a camera.

Blue lines or dots in some areas. I think they are consistent in bright areas. Captured from my background wallpaper.

2015-07-04-174849.jpg

Pink lines or dots in what I suspect dark areas. Captured from a game (League of Legends)

2015-07-04-152312.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @JT_Yui,

I understand that your desktop computer's display is not working correctly, and I would be happy to help you!

I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If the blue pixels still appear on your computer's display, please contact our technical support for further assistance in this matter by clicking the link below to get the support number for your region.

www.hp.com/contacthp/

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the steps you've given me but the problem still persists.
I tried lowering the red and green color to 0 in the OSD though and majority of the blue pixels disappeared but it made my screen go blue though and there were still some red/pink pixels in some parts. Changing the contrast and brightness also affects the pattern of the pixels or they would sometimes disappear.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation