cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JOHN176 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to get my computer to put out 3840 X 2160 resolution to take advantage of new 4K display

Pavilion Elite e9120y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I plugged in my new 4K display it said I need to set resolution to 3840 X 2160.  However, when I go to the display menu it says the highest resolution offered is 1920 X 1080.

What do I need to do to take advantage of the high resolution my new display offers? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
76,757 76,173 9,342 20,182
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to get my computer to put out 3840 X 2160 resolution to take advantage of new 4K display

Hi,

You have to spend more money on the top of the monitor to make this works. Simply say : you need a video card which supports 4K monitor and this would need new PSU for your computer. But, please before go out to buy more, please read:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/what-hardware-do-you-need-to-run-stuff-at-4k-resolution-on-yo...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation