Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
terjehal Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network drivers

Hi,

I have a Compaq CQ2000 PC that was preinstalled with Win 8. I have done a complete reformatting of the harddrive and installed Win 7 Pro 64

I was pretty sure that drivers etc, was easy to get a hold of.

Unfortunatly my machine does not seem to exist when I search the serial number.

Anyone that can help me get the correct drivers?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
9043 830 2380
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network drivers

First, the model number posted is a model line and not complete enough to find the information needed.  Either find and post the more defined model number or give the Product ID from device manager for the network device.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
terjehal Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network drivers

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On the sticker it says CQ2901EO.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I solved the issue with network. However I need a few other drivers...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dean Dean
Dean
9043 830 2380
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network drivers

In order to find what is needed, look in device manager for the items that need drivers.  Then post the Product ID's for each item.  It would be most likely the chipset drives are not installed, then some others.  HERE are chipset drivers for Windows 7, even tough they come from a different vender, the drivers should still work as intended. Read the instructions first, then do the install.  You may find that in order to make this right, you have to start over, install the chipset drivers first, then proceed with the remaining items.

Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

0 Kudos
terjehal Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network drivers

Thanks. Seems to work fine.

Only one small issue remain: The Graphics driver. It says Standard VGA now.

However it probably is a Intel? How can I find the correct Intel driver for this?

0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
9043 830 2380
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Network drivers

I found the GRAPHICS DRIVER also from the same source.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation